Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How difficult is to do a french manicure at home?

I love getting a french manicure, but its expensive and it just lasts for a week at the most.I cant go to the salon every week.How difficult is to do a french manicure at home?
its sooo damn easy a baby could do it.





Just buy the white and the clear nail polish.


I do it all the time.How difficult is to do a french manicure at home?
Its pretty easy I sometimes do a homejob manicure. You just need the right supplies.





Light red or pink coat sorry I forgot the name (you need this for the natural look)





A bottle of white nail polish (its supposed to come in a thin bottle with a skinny brush)





Clear coat.





And if you can find this a green light coat for the nail polish to stay on longer (se this first,then the light red,white tips/nail polish, and last clear coat. Hoped this helped.
I did one on my own last night for the first time and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I'll tell you what I did





I didn't apply a base coat and you'll see why in the next steps


Apply two coats of the white. It doesn't have to be perfect


Let that dry


Take a q tip or some type of brush and dip it in nail polish remover. Just make the line nice and straight.


Brush on whatever color you want. I like a pinkish nude color


After that's dry put on a top coat.





The reason I didn't use a base coat was because It would get in the way when I was trying to fix the line.





Sorry if it was confusing.
Yes i agree! check out any store... they sell french manicure polish sets where the white paint is like a pen. It does take some practice but once you get the hang of it you won't regret it.


If you wanna get a more professional look you can buy the artist brush and paint it on they use another brush or paint brush dipped in nail polish remover to touch up the line.
Very simple! Just buy a bottle of the white nail polish with the special brush allowing one to give the white tips. When your done painting the white tips on, take a Q-tip and dip it into some polish remover and remove any polish that makes the white tip uneven. then once that's dry, take a bottle of clear glossy polish, and apply one coat to each nail.
Here is a tutorial on how to do a french manicure yourself http://blog.musthavemakeup.com/?p=422 Just keep off the silver stripe if you want it to be natural looking. All of the polishes are available at most drug stores. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment