Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do you give your self a french manicure??

A good one.How do you give your self a french manicure??
I buy the white line stickers that you lay across your nail. Then you paint above the sticker in white, then when they dry take the sticker off. I usually get white on my skin or sometimes a little seeps under the sticker, so I dip a Q-tip in nail polish remover to take that off. Then when the white is completely dry I paint the whole nail in either a clear gloss or a tinted gloss. If I use a tinted gloss, then I wait till that dries and then cover the whole nail in a clear gloss, because your nails will look shiny and chip less if you do that. It takes me about 1/2 an hour to do the whole process, but they look like I went to a salon afterwards, I've had people ask where I got them done!!How do you give your self a french manicure??
For Prom my daughter bought hers at Wal-Mart. They turned out OK.
There are kits for this. They come with a stencil to get a uniform white curve on all nails. If you don't get this kit, you'll get lopsided white curves.


Find it at Target or Walmart etc.
Just get some scotch tape and put it across your nail as a tip guide. Paint that part white. Once it dries, take off the tape and apply 2-3 coats of clear polish. Then apply hang lotion.
White out.
Your best bet is to buy one of those French manicure kits from the beauty supply store.





1. Trim your nails to the desired shape (round or square). This is the toughest part! It may take a few tries before you get this right,





2. Apply the nail strip guides from the kit.





3. Paint the tips with desired color. Let dry.





4. Remove the nail strip and paint with bottom section with desired color. Pink a sheer color or a clear coat since you'll be painting over the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment