Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can i get a french manicure that isnt rounded?

I've seen people with frenchmanicures and the white part goes straight across in a straight line on the part closest to the cuticle. However, when i go to my manicurest I only see the nails tips that are curved like the natural curve of the nail bed and she shapes the END of the nail square......is there a certain name for this type of manicaue that i can ask for next time???? also, anyone have pics of that?Can i get a french manicure that isnt rounded?
Its called a Traditional French Manicure, or that is what I think it is called. I don't do them, but I think I know what you are looking for..





Just explain to the manicurist that you want a straight line, and NOT a smile line. If needed, draw it out on a piece of paper. Or, using a pencil, draw the straight line on your nail right in the place that you want the line to end, make sense to you? Don't worry, the pencil marks come off easily enough. But it will get idea across to her.





You are having a problem with this because it is most common to do a nail which looks much like the the pic in the second link. This is what I normally do when you ask for a French Manicure. This pic shows what I do when a customer asks for a French Manicure. I've never been asked to make the smile line straight, and not 'rounded.' But to each their own, right! Here are the links. I hope they help.





Pic #1


http://www.bbc.co.uk/slink/fashion/index鈥?/a>





This pic was hard to find!!! Look at the three pics, scroll down a bit, and the Step #2 pic shows what I think you are talking about - its 'straight.' Not a great pic, but it was the best one I could find, sorry! But is that the basic idea of the type of 'straight' line you are looking for (forget the rest of the picture, just look at the line itself. It that what you wanted?).





Pic #2


http://skincare.lovetoknow.com/images/Sk鈥?/a>





This one shows how I personally would create an acrylic Forever French full set - long, and elegant, with square tips, and a rounded ';smile line.'; Truly beautiful nails!





Now if I am understanding you correctly, you want a combination, sort of. So take the straight line from the first pic, and put it on the nail with the square tip from the second tip, and tada!!! Or, no?





Am I just confusing you? Or are you just confusing me?


Either way, I tried to help you out the best I could!





If all else fails, here is a link to an easy to understand tutorial on DIY home nails. I am assuming this whole time that you want the french manicure done using polish, and not acrylic, or gel, right? If not, then it was a waste of time for me, oh well.





http://beauty.about.com/od/perfectnails/鈥?/a>Can i get a french manicure that isnt rounded?
you can draw a picture of what you want. I think every manicurest has their own style so if you want something different then ask. acrylic nails can be shaped many different ways. I don't know of any special style names. If you see a picture in a magazine then clip it out and bring it with you.
It's usually rounded because they cut your nails making them too short to not be round. So grow your nails out and ask them to file them squarely, not round. I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say but just tell her that you DON'T want what you described to us, but you still want it square, and I'm sure you'll get something you like.


umm yeah. I hope I hleped?
YA

No comments:

Post a Comment